Monday, November 25, 2013

Book Review - Sew Baby / Argyle Quilt

 While at Quilt Market, I came across the Fox Chapel Publishing booth. They had a couple of books I thought would be great for FLUFF Project sewing that I grabbed for my sewing library. I was also given this copy of Sew Baby to use for our Monthly Project sewing and share with you about. 

I decided to make the Argyle Quilt from the book for donation to our November 2013 Project

While I am a very experienced seamstress, I am a complete beginner when it comes to quilting. As in, I've made ONE quilt. :) The instructions and step-by-step photographs the book provided really did make this an easy project, and I had it complete from start to finish in only a few hours. Very pleased!

I chose a Riley Blake pre-cut stacker I had tucked away in my stash for a very long time, which made the whole project that much faster. This is exactly why I most often buy fabric without a specific project in mind and why I love keeping a certain amount on hand.....when the right fabric and pattern meet, it can make for such a fun project! 
 I also had this perfectly coordinating Riley Blake ribbon that made for a very adorable finish! I hope this sweet quilt fits perfectly the little one that receives it. I decided not to add an applique as the pattern included, but there are instructions included for that step in the book as well. 
 I backed it with a cozy flannel that had been donated as "bits of Binkeez" from Binkeez for Comfort and finished with a coordinating package of bias tape. 

This book is packed with all kinds of other wonderful baby sewing projects too! There are soft toys, bibs, burp cloths, hats and of course, the darling little slippers you see on the cover. The slippers alone include 3 different variations, 1 of which is a penguin which might just have to end up in my Lil' Man's stocking next month! ;) TOO CUTE!!! 

As a reminder....I know it's a holiday week and all, but it's also the FINAL WEEK of our November Project! Would love to have you join in and help us love on the babies of the NICU. I am getting so excited about making the special delivery of all of our beautiful handmade blankets & quilts! 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...