Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sewing Essential - Seam Fix ...a different kind of seam ripper.

I use to think a seam ripper was a seam ripper, so long as it had a sharp blade. I mean there are some that are prettier than others, but when we are talking practically about getting the job done, never saw much of a difference. 

But now.....I have to say, this little gadget has won me over!
This is the Seam Fix.
 What sets it apart is this rubbery tip on the cap....

When ripping out a seam, you use the Seam Fix just as you would any other seam ripper.

This is where it gets fun!
After you have ripped the stitches out, you are left with all those little thread trimmings. Pop the cap back on your Seam Fix, use the rubber tip to rub over the ripped threads.....
 .....and it pulls them out of the fabric and picks them all up neatly!
 Now you are left with a nice and neat fabric ready to be resewn. 
What about that!?!?!  Pretty clever huh?
I have found a new favorite seam ripper. :)
The Seam Fix costs about $6 and can be found in most any sewing/quilt shop that sells Dritz sewing/quilting tools.

As a disclaimer, I received this item as a gift to try. The opinion shared is my own.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I need one of these! Thanks for sharing!

Leigh said...

Oh WOW! I thought my new seam ripper was the bees knees, but obviously now I know it's not, lol! I will definitely be keeping my eye out for one of these or maybe even putting it on my Christmas list. :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I've never seen one of these. Another thing I'll be looking for.

Cindi said...

I just bought one of these yesterday. Glad to hear it works good. Hopefully I won't need to use it for awhile though.=)

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

I use one of these and I love it - the only thing that disappoints me is that I wish the 'lid' would fit on the opposite end while I'm seam ripping (the way a pen lid does) - mine doesn't do this so I end up with 2 separate tools lying around rather than them slotting together (if you get what I mean?) If anyone has found a way to make them fit together I'd love to hear it :)

Beth said...

I'll be on the lookout for that, for sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...