Friday, April 26, 2013

Summer Sewing Up-cycles!

You know it's bad when you start getting excited about worn out knees and wholes when you are doing the laundry! ;) But, with warmer temperatures arriving here, I couldn't wait to turn winter's worn pants into summer's super cute shorts and capris!

For the first 2 pair, I used my quick & easy "Cuffed Capris" tutorial you can find here on my Tips & Tutorials page. (that page badly needs updating I must add! On the list....)


Thanks to the inspiration of this "PIN", I made this pair with some adorable printed bias tape! 
SO CUTE! SO QUICK!!!

My daughter loves them, and I love that we just stretched the life of these pants that much farther! They all look so cute on her and each has it's own "personality". :) The possibilities are endless and they are so fun to make....but beware.....you'll start hoping for those holey pants in your laundry too! ;)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for sharing this! AM just picked out some really cute twill prints yesterday that I think will be great for extending the life of some of her pants!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

They all look great, Kristy, but I especially like the ones with red bias tape.

Mara said...

I hadn't even thought of doing something like that, thank you for the inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...