Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Project FINALE! Well......sort of! :)

Today is the final day for our April Project - "Fluff For Foster Care".
What a wonderful month of sewing and stuffing for children in the foster care system it has been too!

I am tentatively planning to deliver our "bus" full of stuffed friends mid-May, to allow for all those being shipped to arrive first. I will share photos of our fluff-filled van then and update this post for future reference as well. We are looking forward to delivering all these beautiful gifts and know that they are going to be such a special blessing for the children receiving them, as well as those providing care for them. Very meaningful!

Check our April Project album to see the amazing assortment that has been donated this month! I can't adequately express our families gratitude for the way you have all jumped on board and made this special month EXTRA special!

I shared on facebook when inspiration hit the other day and I just had to put "plans" aside and create. It was just what I needed and also produced some cute toys as my final donations for our project. 

 I had this image of a roly-poly whale stuffie that I just couldn't shake and had to make a reality. So, I went to work.
And these bubbly friends were the result...

 While I was at it, I decided they needed some sidekicks, and so this chunky starfish came next.

Without further ado, may I introduce to you Whaley & Starla....
 This first set is perfect for baby. Textured fabrics, ribbon tags and easy to grip parts sure to please any tiny one. 

The second set is more colorful and detailed with print fabrics and hand-stitched faces.

I had hoped to have a pattern/tutorial to share before the end of the month, but time just wasn't enough. I will still get one put together eventually, and will be sure to let you know when I do. They are simple to sew friends that are ready to be companions to some special little ones!

Thank you all again! What a fun month! 
Be sure to stop back by tomorrow to see what's in store for May....more stitching fun ahead!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your creations! I can't wait to see what you have planned for May! You always amaze me Kristy!

Christie said...

Your Whale set is gorgeous! Well done! Congrats on another successful project Kristy. My parcel was posted yesterday :)

make.share.give said...

A cuddly whale made with our Autism fabric! Love love love!

HalfDozen said...

I just need to finish up a few faces and my box will mail out here in a few days

Jodi - usairdoll said...

Thank you Kristy!! You get us all motivated and remind us that if we all do alittle something, together we will make a difference! You are amazing!

Kristy said...

Thank you so much Jodi!
You are exactly right....all our "littles" each month turn into really big blessings that blow me away! So very grateful for this generous and fun community!

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

LOVE them!! Will watch for the tutorial.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love them both, Kristy, but especially the colourful set at the bottom!!!

JLVerde said...

I'm finally done with all the sewing. I'll mail the collection out on Monday.

(I shared the last pics on the flickr group).

Now, to start sewing for the cats and dogs.

Mara said...

These guys are just too cute! and I love how with your different fabric choices they can go for either a younger child or an older one, so super adorable.

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

How cute!! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...